BitCurator Consortium members drive all governance decisions through their participation in the executive council and targeted committees.
This elected group provides top-level leadership on critical decisions, formalizes documentation, and ensures ongoing programmatic success. The inaugural executive council was elected in June 2015 and took office in July 2015. During the 2015-2016 charter year, only Charter Members were eligible to run for executive council; thereafter, all members (charter and general) will be eligible to run for executive council.
- Matthew Farrell, Duke University (President)
- Christopher (Cal) Lee, UNC-Chapel Hill
- Maureen Pennock, The British Library
- Porter Olsen, University of Maryland
- Walker Sampson, University Colorado Boulder
- Kari Smith, MIT
- Dorothy Waugh, Emory University
Start Up Committee
Between July 2014-June 2015, the “Start-up Committee” acted in the capacity of the executive council.
- Alexandra (Alex) Chassanoff, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Matthew Farrell, Duke University
- Jennie Knies , University of Maryland
- Christopher (Cal) Lee, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Don Mennerich, New York University
- Mark Meyers, Texas State Archives
- Michael Olson, Stanford University
- Kam Woods, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
- Gabriella (Gabby) Redwine, Yale University
The BCC is administered by the Educopia Institute, a nonprofit that advances cultural, scientific, and scholarly institutions by catalyzing networks and collaborative communities.