2021-2022 BCC Peer Mentorship Program
The BCC Membership Committee is excited to invite you to participate in the BCC Peer Mentorship Program! The goals for this new program are twofold: to orient people to the BCC, encouraging them to build relationships and get involved; and to facilitate professional mentorship around the curation of born-digital materials.
The Peer Mentorship Program will formally run from July 2021 – June 2022, with mid-year and end-of-year cohort check-ins where we will receive feedback from all participants. The program is open to all BCC member institutions.
If you are interested in participating, please fill out this form by June 25, 2021. We will use the information to match participants.
If you have any questions, please email the BCC Membership Committee at email@example.com.
- To orient people to the BCC, encouraging them to build relationships and get involved
- To facilitate professional mentorship around the curation of born-digital materials
- The Peer Mentorship program is open to all BCC members, who will be prioritized for mentorship pairing
- The Peer Mentorship program is also open to volunteers who have been active for at least three months
- Apply via the Google Form
- Schedule an initial getting-to-know-you call
- Meet monthly and work together to agree on discussion topics and/or goals
- Attend the mid-year and end-of-year cohort check ins with all participants
- All peer mentorship pairs must agree to the BCC Code of Conduct
- We will provide a list of basic guidelines for peer mentorship pairs to adhere to
- Application launches early June, closes 6/25
- Early July 2021: BCC Peer Mentorship Program launches
- October-November 2021: Mid-year check in
- June 2022: End-of-year check in