Your active engagement in the BCC enables you to stay on the forefront of born-digital curation practice and to benefit from the research, documentation, code, and training materials produced by this community.
When you join the BitCurator Consortium (BCC), your membership dollars directly support the ongoing development of the BitCurator software environment and the BitCurator user community.
Additional benefits include:
- Access to a BCC help desk
- Prioritization in future enhancement requests
- Dedicated educational offerings
- Voting rights
- Eligibility to serve on the BCC executive council and committees
- Service opportunities
- Community engagement and networking
- Professional development and training
- Subscription to a dedicated BCC member mailing list
- Special rates for BCC events, including the annual BitCurator User Forum
How to Get Involved
Staff at non-member and member institutions can take part in the BitCurator Consortium in many ways. Individuals at member organizations do not need to be the voting representative to participate.
Join the Conversation
|Join the Bitcurator Users Google Group||X||X|
|Participate on our members-only listserv, firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss how to get the most out of BitCurator.||X|
|Attend our monthly virtual meetings, open to all members, to learn about Consortium initiatives and discuss institution-specific work in a safe space. Look for call-in information on the listserv.||X|
|Explore our workflow and documentation repositories to learn how to leverage BitCurator most effectively.||X||X|
|Watch videos to see demonstrations of other members’ workflows and use cases.||X||X|
|Access members-only workflows, documentation, and videos.||X|
|Attend and present at the BitCurator Users’ Forum to meet other practitioners and discuss use cases.||X||X|
|Enjoy discounted registration to the BitCurator Users’ Forum||X|
|Attend members-only training events and webinars.||X|
|Receive a workflow assessment from the BCC Membership Committee.||X|
Shape the Community
|Join a committee and define new initiatives to foster the BitCurator environment and Consortium community.||X||X|
|Contribute local workflows and documentation to our repositories for other members to reference.||X|
|Present on using BitCurator to acquire and process digital collections at local, national, and international conferences.||X||X|
The BitCurator Consortium is seeking volunteers to join us in our development efforts! Anyone, regardless of membership status in the BCC, can contribute to the critical software sustainability needs of the digital archives community.
We are looking for developers at all levels of experience who can help us:
- Contribute user stories about how you would like the BitCurator tools to work
- Create specifications for new system tools or functionality
- Review suggested code enhancements
- Test and configure third-party tools for incorporation into the BitCurator environment
- Perform code fixes or enhancement to core functionalities
- Create and document scripts to complement or enhance existing software
For all volunteers, we will provide:
- Web-based orientation and training sessions to familiarize you with the environment
- Mentorship and expertise from leading practitioners and developers
You will gain:
- Experience with the BitCurator environment, BitCurator Access, and other digital forensics software programs
- The benefit of contributing code to a growing open-source software community
- Credit and recognition for your contributions
If you’re not a developer but still want to participate, let us know! We will help you to find a way to contribute to the BitCurator Consortium.
Interested in joining us or have further questions? Contact us!
Fees & Agreement
General member dues are $2,000 (US) per institution per year. These fees are established and reviewed by the BCC’s executive council.
The Consortium is currently piloting a group membership model priced at $1,000 per institution per consortium or similar approved group of organizations. To discuss a potential consortial or group membership, contact us.
If you have any questions about membership or wish to join, please contact us.