Posted: March 24, 2023
The BitCurator Consortium is seeking volunteers to join us in our development efforts! Anyone, regardless of membership status in the BCC, can contribute to the critical software sustainability needs of the digital archives community.
We are looking for developers at all levels of experience who can help us:
- Contribute user stories about how you would like the BitCurator tools to work
- Create specifications for new system tools or functionality
- Review suggested code enhancements
- Test and configure third-party tools for incorporation into the BitCurator environment
- Perform code fixes or enhancement to core functionalities
- Create and document scripts to complement or enhance existing software
For all volunteers, we will provide:
- Web-based orientation and training sessions to familiarize you with the environment
- Mentorship and expertise from leading practitioners and developers
You will gain:
- Experience with the BitCurator environment, BitCurator Access, and other digital forensics software programs
- The benefit of contributing code to a growing open-source software community
- Credit and recognition for your contributions
If you’re not a developer but still want to participate, let us know! We will help you to find a way to contribute to the BitCurator Consortium.
Interested in joining us or have further questions? Contact us!