The Forum committee bears responsibility for planning and implementing BCC events including the annual BitCurator Forum. The committee is charged with planning the content, structure, and logisitics of the Forum by reviewing proposals, selecting a host location, choosing a conference theme, etc., as well as building an inclusive space that helps strengthen and sustain a community of digital archives practitioners.
- David Cirella, Yale University Libraries
- Jessica Farrell, Educopia Institute
- Lara Friedman-Shedlov, University of Minnesota Libraries
- Katherine Martinez, The New School, Leadership Team
- Lori Podolsky, Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
- Kari Smith, Global Archivist LLC
- Emily Sommers, University of Toronto Libraries
- Hilary Wang, Brown University
Scope, Charge, and How to Join
Who should join?
- Anyone can join the Forum Committee — there are no specific skill sets or background experience required, and, while the Chair must be from a BCC member organization, membership is not a requirement to join the Committee. We’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about digital archives, interested in gaining experience planning a conference, and willing to pitch in and make the BitCurator Users Forum a reality.
- We’re hoping to recruit the following:
- Members — we need 3-4 new members in addition to the three incumbents
- Chair — we need someone to take on the role of chair for the next Forum
- Host site reps/local arrangement contacts — once a host site is selected, we will be looking for members who can help out with the work specific to the local site (ie, determining room availability and catering policies, reserving space, identifying possible locations for a reception, etc.); this role requires a similar time commitment to other members, and then a bit of a heavier commitment in the weeks leading up to the conference.
What is the time commitment?
- Meetings are held once per month for most of the year, and bi-weekly in the run-up (2-3 months prior) to the conference.
- In addition to the monthly meeting, time commitment is about 30 minutes per week farther out (12-10 months prior to the event), with a couple of hours per week in the weeks leading up to and just after the event
- Forum Committee membership is typically a 2 year-long commitment in order to ensure consistency
What does the Forum Committee do?
- Plan all aspects of the BitCurator Forum!
- Help shape the conference’s content, structure, and logistics by reviewing proposals, selecting a host location, choosing a conference theme, etc.
- Build an inclusive space that helps strengthen and sustain a community of digital archives practitioners
How do I join?
- Please use this form to express your interest.
- We’ll be in touch after receiving your interest!
Call for Proposals: 2024 BitCurator Forum
The BitCurator Consortium (BCC) invites proposals for the 2024 BitCurator Forum to be held virtually March 18-22, 2024. See more information on the Call for Proposals page. Submission Deadline: Friday, November 17, 2023
Save the Date: 2024 BitCurator Forum
Mark off the week of March 18-22 for the 2024 BitCurator Forum! This year will feature virtual panels, lightning talks, “Great Questions!,” and other fun activities. A new template for Satellite events will also be announced soon that will expand this year’s Forum through unique … Read more →
BitCurator Forum 2023: Registration is Closing Soon!
Registration for the BitCurator Forum 2023 closes on March 24, 2023! As a reminder, we are proud to offer registration for BitCurator Forum 2023 at a sliding scale starting at $0. Again this year, we have group rates: discounted rates for groups of 3 or … Read more →