The forum committee bears responsibility for planning and implementing BCC events including the annual BitCurator Forum. The committee is charged with planning the content, structure, and logisitics of the Forum by reviewing proposals, selecting a host location, choosing a conference theme, etc., as well as building an inclusive space that helps strengthen and sustain a community of digital archives practitioners.
- Lourdes Johnson, University of Miami, Leadership Team
- Katherine Martinez, The New School, Leadership Team
- Alice Prael, Yale University Libraries, Leadership Team
- Emily Sommers, University of Toronto Libraries, Leadership Team
- Elvia Arroyo-Ramirez, University of California Irvine Libraries
- David Cirella, Yale University Libraries
- Brian Dietz, NC State University Libraries
- Elizabeth Dunham, Arizona State University
- Jessica Farrell, Educopia Institute
- Lara Friedman-Shedlov, University of Minnesota Libraries
- Nancy Adams, Educopia Institute
- Kelly Phillips, Northern Arizona University
- Lori Podolsky, McGill University
- Kari Smith, Global Archivist LLC
Scope, Charge, and How to Join
Who should join?
- Anyone can join the Forum Committee — there are no specific skill sets or background experience required, and, while the Chair must be from a BCC member organization, membership is not a requirement to join the Committee. We’re looking for people who are enthusiastic about digital archives, interested in gaining experience planning a conference, and willing to pitch in and make the BitCurator Users Forum a reality.
- We’re hoping to recruit the following:
- Members — we need 3-4 new members in addition to the three incumbents
- Chair — we need someone to take on the role of chair for the next Forum
- Host site reps/local arrangement contacts — once a host site is selected, we will be looking for members who can help out with the work specific to the local site (ie, determining room availability and catering policies, reserving space, identifying possible locations for a reception, etc.); this role requires a similar time commitment to other members, and then a bit of a heavier commitment in the weeks leading up to the conference.
What is the time commitment?
- Meetings are held once per month for most of the year, and bi-weekly in the run-up (2-3 months prior) to the conference.
- In addition to the monthly meeting, time commitment is about 30 minutes per week farther out (12-10 months prior to the event), with a couple of hours per week in the weeks leading up to and just after the event
- Forum Committee membership is typically a 2 year-long commitment in order to ensure consistency
What does the Forum Committee do?
- Plan all aspects of the BitCurator Forum!
- Help shape the conference’s content, structure, and logistics by reviewing proposals, selecting a host location, choosing a conference theme, etc.
- Build an inclusive space that helps strengthen and sustain a community of digital archives practitioners
How do I join?
- Please use this form to express your interest.
- We’ll be in touch after receiving your interest!
BitCurator Forum 2023: Registration is Closing Soon!
Registration for the BitCurator Forum 2023 closes on March 24, 2023! As a reminder, we are proud to offer registration for BitCurator Forum 2023 at a sliding scale starting at $0. Again this year, we have group rates: discounted rates for groups of 3 or … Read more →
BitCurator Forum 2023: Professional Development support available!
DPOE-N (Digital Preservation Outreach & Education Network) is pleased to offer funding support for citizens and residents of the United States of America to attend BitCurator Forum 2023. Funding can be used to cover registration costs and associated travel expenses. Applications for funding from new … Read more →
BitCurator Forum 2023: Registration is now open!
The BCC Forum Committee is pleased to announce that the program for the 2023 BitCurator Forum is live and registration is open! Register via Eventbrite: https://bitcurator-forum-2023.eventbrite.com We are proud to offer registration for BitCurator Forum 2023 at a sliding scale starting at $0. Again this … Read more →